Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Voice A Gift from God

Your voice what does it sound like to you? Or how your voice affects others? I want to share with you my experience with dealing with this disease. Imagine yourself doing something that you absolutely love doing and one day you find that what you love doing you can no longer do. Well I grew up in a house with a large family and loving to sing. I started when I was young then as I became older in my preteens I was able to listen to my cousin sing and from that point I wanted to be just like her. She sang like an angel. Well a few years later she got me a job where she worked at a dinner theater. I would sneak out and watched her perform and really thought to myself how I wish I could be like her. So after tossing it around I set up an audition and almost canceled it. Joane would hear me practicing and somehow not sure how she knew I was chickening out but she pulled me aside and talked to me and encouraged me to do what I absolutely loved doing. Her words of encouragement follows me to this day. I could have easily have given up but she told me to follow my dreams because I am the one in control. Now I use her words she gave me because with having ALS it has affected my voice and yes it hurts that when I sing I sound not very pleasing to the ears. However I will continue to sing because I can and one day I might not be able to speak so I will use it as long as I can. With ALS you learn to appreciate what life gives you. I now use my voice in a different way. When I speak I speak for those who are unable to speak for themselves. I recorded for my kids and grand babies before my voice became affected. You can go to Youtube and type in my name If you listen to it, All I am going to ask is that you appreciate everything in life and if you love doing something follow your dreams because you are the only one that can make it happen. Thank you so much Joane for believing in me. I am following my dreams and I now soaring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment