Sunday, September 8, 2013

Imagine how much you strive for normal. I know I do and that was very much apparent on our vacation. I wanted that feeling of being normal again without ALS. Imagine every picture you take, you have this ALS disease reminders. But then I realize just how blessed and fortunate I am. If it wasn't for this disease I would still be working and have not been able to travel and let me be honest I love traveling. I feel a sense of freedom and calmness I even feel better when I travel in the RV. As I look at the past four years I've seen myself not as a better person who is dealing with a death sentence but a stronger person who will not accept defeat. Like anyone you get hit with the news that you only have a short time to live and most people wollow in fear, give up and for what? Because they are told that they are dying. Well guess what??? We all are dying. Just some of us choose not to allow the dying to get in the way of living. This trip to Hawaii was very important to me for many reasons. This time we took time to explore and to see what God's beautiful gifts. I must say that I never saw such beauty as we did and for it to affect me emotionally the way it did. In the evenings and mornings the four of us would go sit by the water watching the waves crash in and the light floral salt water air that destresses you. You can only imagine how peaceful I felt. And if that isn't enough to see God's presence, look at the picture. What do you see? My sister Laura took this picture of a sunset. But really look, its God's cross showing us that he is and always will be with us. This trip meant so very much to me to be able to spend time with my sister. I come from a very large family and to be able to share this trip you can't imagine just how amazing it was. We each had nicknames and we did so much together and had many, many laughs. Some we continue to still laugh about. But what was very awesome about this is that even though we are a very close family. We get closer. My brothers and sisters were texting us and living our vacation through us even when the Gecko attached Gecko Girl. Life is full of surprises, never under estimate its worth. Even in the most difficult times you can find comfort knowing that you are worth living for and that you are stronger than you think. So show others what living is about. Live life strong and Never give up. I'm not DYING... I'm LIVING

5 comments:

  1. Contrary to what most people have been told, there are a few of people who have healed from ALS. There stories can be found at www.HealingALS.org and should be shared with others who have been diagnosed with ALS, so they too can have a chance to heal their bodies of this potentially deadly disease. Please help raise awareness by visiting www.HealingALS.org and sharing the news about these amazing individuals with others in your social media networks and email contacts. Please help us help others around the world who have been diagnosed with ALS. Your help is needed to spread the word. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to share my story so i can reach out to others. My mom was diagnosed with ALS (Lou gehrig's disease) in the summer of 2013. She is my best friend and all i have got in this world. And I was scared because when the doctor told me about how deadly this disease is i could not help but cry. She suffered all through the time, she could no longer walk as all her bones were weak, speak or even eat, this were years of torment as i have never seen anything like it or ever been so scared in my life and i wept as the days go by. We tried several drugs like Riluzole, and various therapy that was prescribed by the doctor but it came out even worse as she became very thin. She is 65 years old. I actually thought i was going to loose her after all i have spent. I was in church one day when a fellow in the christian faith told me about a doctor who has a cure and that this doctor had cured a colleague she knew suffered from ALS, i was in shock and recalled the doctor once told me there was no cure, she gave me the doctor's contact and i contacted him and told him all we have been through and he told me about his very effective herbal medicine that treats it permanently, though at that time i did not believe but i wanted my mom to be okay again so i decided to give a try and he sent me the medicine which i gave her as instructed by the doctor. In a month time i was amazed at the improvement and by the second month she was completely okay, during all these times she did not experience any side effects. To confirm all these we went back to the doctor to confirm, he ran all the tests and found no trace of ALS in her again. Today my mom can run, jog, eat and speak fine without any assistance currently she is baby sitting my daughter and till now she is still very strong. If you are suffering from ALS (Lou gehrig's disease) do not die in silence because there is still hope for you. Contact the doctor on (josephalberteo@gmail.com) i am very sure he can help you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Karen from Canada, I once suffered from a terrible and Chronic ALS,for more than 23 years , the doctor told me there was no permanent cure i was given medications to slow down its progress, i constantly felt my health was deteriorating as i constantly had muscle weakness and difficulty speaking ,this ailment was really terrible especially when am going out with my friends, i have this constant disorder for about 23 years, this was really a terrible ailment ,on thin one day that i was going through the internet,and i came across a post of Mrs kate on how her husband was been cured from als through the help of Dr Williams herbal product, I contacted this herbal doctor via his email and explain everything to him and make purchase of his product,few days later he sent me the herbal medicine through courier service, when i received the herbal medicine, i used it as prescribed by dr williams and i was totally cured within those week of usage,on thin now i have not experience any sign or characteristics again . for more information you can email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from ALS, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband was diagnosed of ALS in 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always have trouble swallowing , and he always complain of Weakness of the body . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to ALS. I never imagined ALS has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. ALS has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) when she was 68 years old 2 years ago. The Rilutek (riluzole) did very little to help her. The medical team did even less. Her decline was rapid and devastating. Her arms weakened first, then her hands and legs. Last year, a family friend told us about Ogbeifun Herbal formula and his successful ALS TREATMENT, we contacted him. and ordered his ALS Formula, i am happy to report the treatment effectively treated and reversed her Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), most of the symptoms stopped, she is able to walk and eat well, sleep well and exercise regularly., she is pretty active now and her attitude is extremely positive.i joyfully recommend you to dr ogbeifun because health is wealth this is a very bad experience with those living with ALS please do not hesitate to contact him ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com or call/whatsapp him via +2348102574680

    ReplyDelete